Ubuntuism.

 Dear Lord,

I was watching Hotel Rwanda last night. How black people rose against black people. Just for power. How the Tutsis (tall trees) were massacred leaving behind almost a million corpses. What I can't get off my mind though, is the part where Paul (the main actor) was thanking a white journalist for showing a footage of what was happening thinking it's the only way the world would intervene when they see the atrocities committed. All the journalist said was, "When people see this they are going to be like, Oh my God that's so horrible! And then go on and finish off their dinners."

 You'll find us reaching for walking sticks on top shelves. Turning very blind eyes to the human trafficking, the xenophobic attacks, the injustice, the inhumane acts, the lack of morals and the indiscipline around us. Just because it's not my niece who went missing. Just because it's not my brother who was burnt alive with a tyre around his neck. Just because it's not my sister who was set up by her boyfriend to be gang raped by his friends. Just because it's not me who is going to lose my job and fail to fend for the family. Just because it's not my best friend who bled to death having a back street abortion. Just because it's not my father who bought the expensive alcohol for the teenage girls in exchange for lap dances and sex. Just because we not of the same tribe, skin colour, faith, economic class, gender or continent. What a cold world we live in! We are such a selfish people. Running hard after power, money and sex. I wonder where the humanity is? Ubuntu? Being my brother's keeper? Not hiding behind the ‘I'm minding my own business, drinking my water, keeping it moving' clown masks. Jokers. Sometimes I can't help but wonder why you came to die, a death on a cross, for a people like me and whoever is reading this. Cowards. Who eat bread and butter, cheese and bacon. Grow fat. And watch their own blood have the bread crumbs falling from the table. Cowards. Who fail to stand up for change but will continue to hide behind their phones tweeting and hoping that tomorrow is going to be a little different. Cowards. Who fail to love and to give thinking they making themselves vulnerable. Cowards. Who fail to stand for purity, the truth, peace, integrity and justice of the poor and afflicted.

1 John 2:16-17 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Lord, I know what I choose to stand for today will give me an identity tomorrow and sustain me in the future. I know if I stand in your word I cannot stand with the world. Help me to stand on the God breathed word and on my knees. It's only then that I'm able to touch the sky. I pray that against all odds you help me stand my ground and fight the good fight of faith. Against all odds help me to be a voice of the voiceless. Against all odds teach me to love my neighbour, to treat him how I would like to be treated. Give me amandla amatsha and help me ngigijime ngingakhathali ngoba ngithembe wena in this journey and it is my desire to do your will always. May I teach those coming after me ukundiza with the spirit of ubuntu njengokhozi.

Amen.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am queen.

Broken.

Siphosenkosi.