Hold your breath, wait!

 Dear Lord,

Growing up, Wait, was a gentle no. Wait, was an I'm doing important adult stuff right now, whatever it is you want can take the back seat. Wait, was a sometimes you just talk too much, give me a break will you?! Wait, was just give me a few moments I want to give you my full attention. The problem is. I don't know which one of those it is with you whenever you tell me to wait. The problem is. I wasn't taught the art of waiting. Even if it's for a little while. What I know is to keep checking my wrist watch. Every tick. Every tock. Making me a little anxious than a minute back. Every tick. Every tock. Leading me straight to the edge of the cliff. The problem is. I wasn't taught how to wait through tribulation. Through distress. Through persecution. Through famine. Through nakedness. Through loneliness. Though sickness. Through emotional conflicts. Through death. Through failure. Through misunderstandings. Through unfair dismissals. The problem is. I wasn't taught how to deal with feeling uneasy. I wasn't taught that I can never be able to master it. I wasn't taught that I have to learn to live with it. Just as we have learned to live with hail storms and thunderbolts. 

Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Lord, I can't help but feel a little disappointed whenever you tell me to wait. I can't help but fear that all my efforts could prove to be in vain. I can't help but feel like my prayers might be amiss. My intentions impure. I realize as much as I want to, I cannot control your time. I never will. I realize to every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. In as much as there is time to sow and harvest. There is time for growth. I realize even if it doesn't feel like it, you are actually working all things for my good. I realize it's part of me to want to receive the things I'm waiting for as quickly as possible. Teach me to wait. And not take away the joy in today through constant worry. Teach me to wait. For while I wait, I'm growing stronger. I'm mounting up with wings as an eagle. I run on and never grow weary. Teach me to wait. For in patience I possess my own soul. Teach me to wait. For you have made every thing beautiful in your time. My whole life is a reflection of how faithful and good you have been and continue to be. For that reason and a million more. I'll continue to wait on you and trust wholeheartedly that your answers to all my prayers are yes and amen. You invited me to knock on your doors promising to open them wide open for me. You invited me to ask for bread and fish promising not to give me a rock or a serpent. Because of that, I know all my dreams and aspirations I will achieve and surpass in Jesus's name I pray and wait on,

Amen

Comments

  1. Waiting is the hardest thing ever to do. And there are days you feel like giving up and never trying again,days you feel as though the wait isn't worth it but in the midst of everything every trial every tribulation we must stand true in our faith and never lose sight of Gods promises ngoba uthi yena those who wait upon the Lord shall have their strength renewed . Thank you for this piece and for reminding us that even though waiting is sometimes hard GOd is no man that he should lie he will answer all of our prayers in his own timeπŸ™πŸΎπŸ’™πŸ•―

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He maketh all things beautiful in his timeπŸ™πŸΎ

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am queen.

Broken.

Siphosenkosi.