Strings.

 He left me out of breath with that kiss at midnight. Hehehe. Hello 2021. I am not sure if it's the way he looked into my eyes as he drew me close. Or. The way he whispered ‘happy new year baby' into my ears with his dreamy voice. Or. The way he made me dance with him when the band played Sondela by Ringo. Or. The way he was acting all possessive, like am his alone, and he don't share. Never. Ever. Or. The way he held my hand, like he will never. Ever. Let go as went to watch the fireworks display outside. Or. The way he kissed my forehead after tucking me in, in the early hours of the morning. Or. The way he left the painkillers. Two of them. Water and a cheesy ‘Rest. I'll bring supper. xoxo' note on my nightstand. I am still not sure what it is that made me send the text message.

Fingers crossed. He has seen it. He is typing. He has stopped typing. Okay maybe he was disrupted. Recording. Yaaay! I prefer voice notes. Oh stops. Blueticks. Nothing. Two hours. Blueticks. Nothing. Six hours. Blueticks. Nothing. Two days. Blueticks. Nothing. Hehehe. Hello 2021.

Dear Lord,

His silence is just too loud. It is so hard for me to admit that I have made a fool out of myself. I am the one who agreed to the no strings attached nonsense. We are just having fun we called it. Then I started showing up in matching panties and bras. He started buying me thoughtful gifts. I thought maybe just maybe. Then I started cooking hearty meals for him. He started calling in the middle of the day just to check on me. I thought maybe just maybe. Then I started doing his laundry. He introduced me to his family. As a friend. He has never brought a girl home they said. Nail. Hook. Sinker. I was a goner. I should have known better. There were strings from day one. Pulling. Controling me like I was a puppet. Or maybe I am. Popeyesm! Hehehe. I am so embarrassed. How did I allow myself to stand on sinking sand. Now I can't breath. I can't even bring myself to cry it out. But of course umzenzi kakhalelwa. But well I should have known that in a generation where being a hoe is life I would eventually get burnt. Charred beyond recognition. I keep falling into the hands of wrong people who leave me drained and questioning myself. I pray for a real one. Who will see how much of a wholesome bombass person I am. And be willing to ride with me till forever. In the meantime may you please work on my character, personality, my entire being. In Jesus's name I pray,

Amen.


Comments

  1. this deserves a chef’s kiss๐ŸคŒ๐Ÿพ hayi uyazbhalela skhokho.....thina we’re just followers wena lead us with that torch stored inside your pen๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is deep mngae!๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am queen.

Broken.

Siphosenkosi.