A dance with the King.

 Dear Lord, 

I have been sitting here marvelling at the beauty of the son. His head and hair white like wool. As white as snow. His eyes as a flame of fire. His feet like fine brass. As if they burned in a furnace. His voice as the sound of many waters. His countenance as the sun as it shines in its strength. He sits on your right hand. On a throne surrounded by a rainbow in sight like unto an emerald. Reigning as Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I am closely watching him extend his hand to me. Marks of where the nails pierced his hands on the day he hung on the cross and was left there to die, visible. Screaming of my forgiven sins. Screaming of an overwhelming love. Screaming of an eternal life of bliss. Worshipping at your feet. Singing holy, holy, holy. “My beloved.” he says to me, “Rise up, my love, my fair one and dance with me.”

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

What I still don't understand is why a King would choose to dance with me. Not for tonight. But forever? What I don't understand is why a man so perfect waits so patiently for me to put my hand in his. Not for tonight. But forever? 

I have spat on his face. I have looked the other way pretending as if I don't see him standing there. I have danced with men who have no sense of rhythm. Men who have stepped on my toes and ruined the only quilt dress I have. Uthenjiwe. Beautiful yet hiding different stitching patterns, stray threads and a variety of knots. Like my own heart. I have felt unworthy of even one waltz with him. I have sat on the table drowning myself with the wine. Hoping it will make me forget his presence. Or better. Hoping it will give me courage to accept this dance. I have double tapped away on my phone, retweeted and gained thousands of followers but each time I look up from the screen I see him. Full of grace. Full of mercy. With a loving gaze. Holding out his hand. 

Song of Solomon 2:10 Isithandwa sami siphendule sithi kimi, ‘Vuka sihambe, ntombazane engumngane wami, simomondiya sami.’


Lord, may the eyes of my understanding be enlightened that I may know what is the hope of his calling. His outstretched hand. That I may know what are the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints. That I may know what is the exceeding greatness of his power toward me. That I may know that dancing with him till the end of time will bring me peace, joy, love, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. That I may know that dancing with him till the end of time is all I need. 

A dance with the Father. A dance with the King. A dance with the Creator. A dance with my Redeemer. A dance with the Light. A dance with the Living waters. A dance with the Comforter. A dance with my Strength. A dance with my Friend. A dance with my Life. Waltz away my spirit. Waltz away my soul. Waltz away my body. To the sound of his heartbeat. In Jesus's name,

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am queen.

Broken.

Siphosenkosi.