For my good.

 Dear Lord,

Every where I look I see you. Every life experience seems to give me more testimonies, testifying to your goodness. Your love. Your patience. Your grace. The past few days I have been babysitting my niece. You know it really has been such an eye opener. A revelation of the width, the length, the depth and the height of your love which has got me crying out ‘what is man that you are so mindful of him?'

Izolo ekuseni, there I was trying to get her ready for school. We were running late already. I ask her to brush her teeth first before I bath her. She starts shouting a whole lot of nothing about how she doesn’t want to do so. In my head all I could hear was, ‘You know am doing this for your own good, who after all doesn’t want a blinding smile? Crooked or not. Umlomo onukayo? Definitely not me. You know you will thank me later.' All of sudden it hit me. How many times dear Lord, have you told us take this path, knowing it will lead us home? How many times do we act like we know better? How many times do we refuse to do what is actually best for us? You are God after all. You have good plans for our lives. To make us prosper and give us a good ending. Yet we swear by smelly mouths and yellowing teeth. Pathetic. Forgive us for our ignorance. I ended up convincing her to brush her teeth.

Little did I know that after that she was going to tell me of how she didn’t want to bath, how it was so cold and how she didn’t want to go to school at all. There I was arguing with a four year old. The more I tried to reason with her the more she raised her voice at me. The more I tried to reason with her the more I looked and felt like a fool. The more I tried to reason with her the more clearer it was that I was fighting a loosing battle. In my head all I could hear was, ‘Are we really going to do this now? Today of all days?’ I don't like Mondays by the way. ‘I cannot let you make that choice. You are definitely going to school.' My patience was slowly but surely running out. Joy cometh in the morning and there I was being served izilingo instead. Steaming hot. On a platter. It hit me again. How dear Lord you are so patient with us. How you let us make our own choices and patiently wait hoping we come back to our senses and do what is right. How we often let how we feel cloud our judgement. How we openly act like we don’t need you when you are actually the compass leading us to our truest norths. How you love us to the extent of sending your only son to die in our place yet we continue to puff smoke in your face. How we make up so many inexcusable excuses for sinning when we actually know better. To cut a long story short, she ended up going to school and yes, we made it on time. Barely.

Proverbs 3:5-8

[5]Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [6]In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. [7]Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. [8]It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

I was reminded of how much God loves us nomatter what we have done. We are all born sinners after all, remember for all have sinned and fallen short of his glory. Nonetheless, He is waiting patiently with open arms to put back imqhele on our heads. We are royalty. Set apart in our mother’s womb to show forth the glory of God for such a time as this. It is never too late with God. Uyakuthanda. Uyangithanda. He will turn our lives around. He will give us wings to sour and strengthen us all the way. All you have to do is give your life to him by praying this prayer below believing in your heart:

Abba Father, I confess that I am a sinner and I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for me on the cross and was raised for my justification. I do now receive and confess him as my personal saviour, in Jesus's name, 

Amen.

Comments

  1. Woooooooooow what a revelation baby...
    His love is so reckless we could never earn it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye opening! Well written. πŸ‘ŒπŸΏπŸ‘ŒπŸΏπŸ‘ŒπŸΏ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken.

I am queen.

Siphosenkosi.